Thursday, July 8, 2010

PROBLEMS

As with any other project, we faced a number of problems within our IST video, but of course we overcame all those problems with solutions and alternatives:

There was one major problem I faced was when I was editing. Since I have windows movie maker, instead of windows live movie maker 07, the project I made at home did not open in the computers at school. Luckily I had made a movie out of my half finished project so that I was able to show the movie to members of my group. Then sir told us to use the "split" tool so that we could cut the movie into separate clips and put effects/transitions/angles/shots into our movie.

When we transported the files from the phone (because we shot our video with a phone) to the computer, our audio was not playing. When we opened it with the VLC player it said 'The audio format could not be played because it was not supported by the program'. Therefore sir told us to use a programme called "Zune converter". We converted our video into a mp4 [audio + video] format and soon we could hear the audio.

When we were planning to do the credits, we wanted to play the credits on the side and have our bloopers playing on the other side, just like how you see it in some movies. later on, we could not work out how to do this as there was no option in "Windows live movie maker". Therefore we decided to use the "caption" tool in on top of the videos. Suppose if it was the blooper video of the host, then the caption would be “host-Priyanka” (I was the host by the way)...
This way we achieved a solution for the credits which was similar to our original idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment