Wednesday, August 4, 2010

PROTOPAGE

Since I was away yesterday my friend Sangeeta gave me a run down on how to use protopage.

This is the home page of protopage.
As you can see it is very crowded but as I begin editing I will be able to delete everything and put up things I want... I noticed that it is very easy to put texts and pictures and videos. But I don not like the layout. It doesn't look "neat". I am aware of the problem of colloboration- 2 people canot work on the same page because the changes made by one of them will be deleted. However I do not need to worry about that as I am working individually.

As you can see here is what we get when we click on "Add Widget".
We can choose to add bookmarks, videos, sticky note(which is really a text box), rich text sticky note(which is embedding a video), weather and many more.

Also we can alway edit the colour of the sticky note by clicking on "edit" which is on the sticky note.

This is how to change the colour settings of the whole webpage. When we click on colours/settings on the top right hand corner of the webpage, we get a box like this.

So my overall summary of protopage is that it is fairly versatile(sticky notes) and extremely easy to use but what worries me the level of its layout qualities and how it will work after i've published the webpage.

SUMMARY:
I have to firstly comment on the ease of use. This is because as soon as I go on protopage.com, I begin editing the page. This makes it very easy to use. It works on the same principle as the Wix and Jimdo, you click on the object you want to edit and a range of options are available. I think that visitors to a crowded protopage will get lost because of the amount of information/widget on the first page. However I need to have the skill of limiting the amount of information I put on my page. To be honest, I think all of the websites are good – we just need to use it correctly and will get the same result.


It is very versatile because it allows me to add bookmarks, comment boxes, weather, clocks (analogue or digital) etc… You click on add a widget, and then if you wanted to have a look at every widget you can click on it and you can see a sample. If you are completely satisfied with it, then you can drag it onto your page. The colour settings button not only allows you to change the font and colour of the page but also allows you to change the wallpaper or background of your page.

No comments:

Post a Comment