Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WIX





"The sky is the limit" says Mr lenon when he saw this website.

My immediate concern was that will it be easy to edit because it is loaded with a huge amount of graphics which will take a while to load. Which means the downloading speed for wix is the concern because it uses the flash player.




However I have to say that is the only problem.

The amount of graphics is also a positive point. It gives a very professional and a high quality finish. You can add many widgets, animations, text and pages.
Another problem is that we ahve to weave our way through all the editing processes. What i mean is that it is hard to edit and it takes a while to insert the corrext things in the correct place. Though i think it will be hard to use, i believe that practice makes perfect and i am really attracted to the many templates/animattions/ widgets i can put in my website.

Versatility:
There are no words to describe the versatility of wix. It lets you add animation, text, graphics, videos, anything.:)) I LOVE IT!!

Ease of use:
If I spend a bit of time and explore it will be easy to use but because the computer at my house is slow, it means that I will not be able to do much at home. However i can research at my house and do all the insertion of the info and editing of the layout at school.

SUMMARY:
Wix is by far the most versatile website tool- It allows you to add text, galleries, animation, icons, picture, videos (from YouTube and Metacafe), music(Wix has preloaded tunes but also lets you add your own music), players, RSS, comment boxes, contact forms, Google maps, PayPal, ecommerce, HTML links along with many templates. You are getting excited reading this, aren’t you? Because it presents me with a variety of multimedia to insert into my website, I think Wix is extremely versatile.


The user interface for designers like me looks very complicated but I am assured that if I practice, I will be able to get used to it. To my subconscious mind, it feels complicated because of the high amount of graphics but I know that it is easy to use and works on the same principle as Jimdo and Protopage. Practice makes perfect. The user interface for visitors is going to be very interesting and appealing. People can freely navigate to any page they like whilst being enticed by the amazing animations and layout. This depends on the designer and I am confident that I can present that kind of navigational structure for the visitors of my website. In order to add components I just click on the type of component I want and I can either get it from a URL or I can upload pictures from my computer or I can get some of Wix’s photos or animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment