Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Difficulties/ Interesting Things/Solutions

• It is very hard to choose a template in wix because there are just so many of them. You would like to have a look on everything but time limit gets you.

• I just realized that I have too much information from the research. I probably will have to cut it down a liitle bit and include more pictures and videos , which reminds me that I have to even research videos on youtube about the specific topic I am doing and talk about it as well.

• I actually found making your own page was easier than choosing a template because the template is fixed to a certain theme but when you do it you can customize your website. This way we could also explore and find out many interesting features.

  • I found out that Wix does not let me load bitmap images into the editing pages. in fact the bitmap images do not even come up on the screen when i try to upload them from my computer. The only files it supports are jpg. JPEG. Gif. and Png. files. I will have to convert them . These littl ethings just waste time.
  • Wix has minipages in which you can put text. I became VERY VERY annoyed with the editing bit because you have to click on the "box" to edit. I click on it a thousand times but it does not let me edit. You have to literally click on it carefully 10 times to get it right. Then you should not put the cursor anywhere else otherwise you have to start the whole process again!! it is soooooo annooying!! I tried to close my window and open it again but still it was doing the same thing!
  • There is also a problem with inserting tables into WIx or even this blogger posts. The format is completley mixed and messy. This means that i have to basically rewrite the whole thing again in point form.
  • I kind of found a solution for the "table words mix up" but it was not effective. I used the snip tool and cut out the table part out of my word document. But when I added the table it was blurry. I figured out that putting it in a text box is better as we can see it clearluy and move it to our convenience.
  • I have learnt a BIG lesson. I have to save my work after every chang ei make. My computer at my house kept shutting down every 20 minutes and i lost the changes i made for 5 times. Then I learnt to save it every 2 minutes.
  • I did not put music in my website except for the future page because i thought that the music will interfere with the audio od the videos i put on the same pages. However i had no videos for the future page so i decided to keep music on that page.
  • I also decided to put the topic of "future" in a completley different page as i thought that it is an important topic that drives attention to the latest technological updates and developments and the combination of the future of different topics will lead poeple to look at thje dramatic change in technology over many yaers.

No comments:

Post a Comment